The rest of our time we spent crafting. Niccole worked on her sewing (make-up bags and other cute handbags) and I set up shop to do some beading. It was fun to do those things together. Nicc has talent in so many areas and I wanted to learn all I could from her. She taught me how to make fabric flowers and how to hem pants a new way. Thanks, Niccole, for a fun-packed stay!
Marc met us on Saturday to transport me to their home for the weekend and Mother's Day. How I love my grandkids! I love being with them and spending time with each of them.
Mother's Day morning was a day of relaxation for Gretchen and me while Marc and the boys fixed breakfast. We had pancakes, bacon and fresh-squeezed orange juice. Who could ask for more! Great job, guys!
After church and later in the day Chris, Nicci and boys came to join together for the Mother's Day dinner. Once again the mothers were "allowed" to watch on while the guys made the preparations. It was hardest on Gretchen. Marc was sure to let her and the rest of us know that the men were in charge and that they needed NO guidance in fixing the meal. It is not easy for women to have men in their domain! But it was nice to have the rest from making a big Sunday dinner, isn't that true Gretchen and Niccole?? It was for me. And it was fun to watch. Marc and Chris did a super-chef job and we enjoyed the day and the meal. Thanks again, guys!
Aunt Nicci gets the "stinky" eye!
It was a really fun day spent together .... well, until the two cousins (Coop and Jake) decided to see if a full roll of toilet tissue could be flushed down the "potty" in the basement! Took some clean-up by the master chefs! I had to think of the Matt and Nic days of long ago and chuckle a bit!! All comes with mother and fatherhood!! And yet we still find the enjoyment and delights of parenthood!!! RIGHT?
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY everyone!!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY everyone!!
1 comments:
Thanks for coming to us for Mother's Day! We had a great time. For anyone that notices, Cooper's shirt is not making an announcement, it was his Church undershirt and I was too lazy to dirty another shirt.
Post a Comment