Every morning I make it a ritual to check everyone's blog to see if they have written since the day before. Most of the time I am so disappointed to find that no one has updated. But then I realize that neither have I! It is so hard to keep up, isn't it?
I love having children in our house again .... especially if they are my grandkids! I am so happy that Mike, Christina, Caitlin, Carter and William have had to have a "stop-off" place to stay a few weeks while they are waiting to get into their new home. It is so nice to hear those little voices every morning as they wake and get ready for the day and the good morning hugs that I get when the grandkids are around. I miss that part of our younger life. (It gets awfully quiet after the kids all leave home and all that is left is "old" people. We can get awfully repetitive and boring!)
Once when our own children were little, I had them all lined up on the bench at church and they were being especially irreverent. I knew they were disrupting the meeting for everyone around us. As I was trying to get them under control, an older lady sitting behind me leaned over and whispered in my ear, "Be patient and love them. They grow up all too soon." I smiled and thought to myself, "It's easy for you to say. You can sit there, listen to what is being said and not have to deal with it." I couldn't imagine that the day would come when I would feel the same as that dear sister was feeling. But how true it is! Although I wouldn't want to begin again to raise children in today's world, I miss having the "patter of little feet" in the house. I am so grateful for times when we have grandkid's come so I can remember the wonders ... yes and trials ... of motherhood. And I find myself thinking and sometimes saying, "Be patient and love them. They grow up all too soon"!
100 Things to Put on a Charcuterie Board
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment