
These are some of the rewards of all of the hard work in the garden this summer. Our crops were very abundant and we are thankful that things turned out so well after the slow start that we had this spring. The cantaloupe and corn were especially good this year. Note the big banana squash. It is hard to tell from the pictures just how big they really are. If you note the storage box beneath them it might give you some idea. The one that they are on is the largest bin that they make. The one behind is one of the totes that we use when we move. I need to weigh the squash. They are so heavy that it took both Mike and I to carry them from the garden!
We had to harvest all that we possibly could since there is a forecast for frost tonight. It sure would help if we had just a few more weeks for growth and ripening. Our watermellon still hasn't quite ripened off as of yet. And we still have tons of green tomatoes! Sure hate to see them freeze on the vine.
3 comments:
It looks great! Wish I could help ou can.
No freeze out here. Did you get it?
Slight frost. Killed some of the squash plants but the tomatoes seemed to have survived it. Hopefully, they will be ok and ripen up some more. I sure hate to see all of the green ones die on the vine. I got all of the stuff,(that we picked before the forcasted frost) canned. Well ... except for the jalapeno peppers. Still going to make jelly with those, I think.
Post a Comment