All of the signs are there! Canning is coming to a end (thank goodness!), kids are all back in school, and I noticed on my way through Wellsville (Sardine) Canyon yesterday that the leaves are starting to turn. In just a few more days, the calendar will also recognize the change of the season. So we will get the canning finished up and the "busy-ness" of all that will turn to planning Halloween, Thanksgiving dinners, and the "big one", Christmas!
Since my last post Mike, Dad Hale and I took a trip up to Bozeman, Montana to visit Brad. We were able to play some golf and eat at some great restaurants. We celebrated Mike's birthday there as well as Labor Day. We came home on Monday in time for me to pack up and get to Pleasant Grove in time for Jacob's second birthday on Tuesday. Dad H. went with me to spend an over-nighter with Max and Joyleen.
Jake really got into the birthday gift thing! But, most of all, I love the expressions on Niccole and Noah's faces in this photo.
We returned home to Logan on Wednesday. Thursday was Caitlin's birthday and I wanted to spend some time with her as well. Cait and Cart came to stay while their mom had a doctor appointment. We took advantage of the time and headed out for a "lunch with Grandma". It is always so much fun to spend time with the grandkids! Friday evening was spent in further celebration of Cait's birthday by all going out to dinner with her.
On Saturday we were headed to Blackfoot to go to the Eastern Idaho State Fair. Matt and Amanda went with us. The fair was not up to the memories that I have of it. The exhibits seem to be the same as they were back when and the food was not the same either ... although we ate enough of it! We spent about 4 hours wandering and eating and then we went out to Grandma and Grandpa's to visit. Matt spent time there working on Grandpa's computer which needs a lot of "help". Matt got it up and running and changed it over to wireless so that Grandpa could use Richard and Lorna's "fast-speed internet". Grandpa says it is still "slow" but I think it is more about his computer than his ISP. Thanks, Matt, for all you do to help him out!! Now we just have to try to teach Grandpa how to use it!
Then on Sunday I traveled back to Pleasant Grove to spend the week at Chris and Niccole's while the two of them went to Las Vegas. It was good for me to remember how much work it is to care for small children and keep up with their schedules! I appreciate "all"
of my girls for the super great moms that they are and all that they do for their families!!!
Of course, it wouldn't be a stay with the grandkids if we didn't do some of the traditional things .... Starbucks for hot chocolate, lunch at McDonald's and I even managed to talk Hiram and Jacob into a stop at Zuppa's for lunch one afternoon (my Salt Lake favorite restaurant.)
While in Utah County, I was able to spend a small amount of time with Marc, Gretchen and boys as well. What a group of 8 little boys! We took the 8 of them to Olive Garden one evening. It might be a challenge, Marc and Gretchen, but they grow up so quickly and it is times like an hour at the restaurant together that will build special memories for them.... and for Grandma! I loved having them all together!! (Sure wish I had remembered my camera for this one! Can you imagine me without my camera?) What good looking grandkids I have! I glanced around the dinner table and was once more reminded of the contribution we are making to the future of the missionary program!! (And this was only half of the grandsons ... not to mention those 4 sweet grandaughters of mine, who very well could be counted among those who could serve as missionaries.) As parents, it may seem overwhelming but I can promise you that the rewards of having those kids come when you get to be our age! Can you tell that I enjoy being with my family??
So it has been a busy few weeks but some "great" times as well! So now back to the canning in preparation for the long, cold winter!! It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the seasons come and go!
Since my last post Mike, Dad Hale and I took a trip up to Bozeman, Montana to visit Brad. We were able to play some golf and eat at some great restaurants. We celebrated Mike's birthday there as well as Labor Day. We came home on Monday in time for me to pack up and get to Pleasant Grove in time for Jacob's second birthday on Tuesday. Dad H. went with me to spend an over-nighter with Max and Joyleen.
On Saturday we were headed to Blackfoot to go to the Eastern Idaho State Fair. Matt and Amanda went with us. The fair was not up to the memories that I have of it. The exhibits seem to be the same as they were back when and the food was not the same either ... although we ate enough of it! We spent about 4 hours wandering and eating and then we went out to Grandma and Grandpa's to visit. Matt spent time there working on Grandpa's computer which needs a lot of "help". Matt got it up and running and changed it over to wireless so that Grandpa could use Richard and Lorna's "fast-speed internet". Grandpa says it is still "slow" but I think it is more about his computer than his ISP. Thanks, Matt, for all you do to help him out!! Now we just have to try to teach Grandpa how to use it!
Then on Sunday I traveled back to Pleasant Grove to spend the week at Chris and Niccole's while the two of them went to Las Vegas. It was good for me to remember how much work it is to care for small children and keep up with their schedules! I appreciate "all"
of my girls for the super great moms that they are and all that they do for their families!!!
Of course, it wouldn't be a stay with the grandkids if we didn't do some of the traditional things .... Starbucks for hot chocolate, lunch at McDonald's and I even managed to talk Hiram and Jacob into a stop at Zuppa's for lunch one afternoon (my Salt Lake favorite restaurant.)
While in Utah County, I was able to spend a small amount of time with Marc, Gretchen and boys as well. What a group of 8 little boys! We took the 8 of them to Olive Garden one evening. It might be a challenge, Marc and Gretchen, but they grow up so quickly and it is times like an hour at the restaurant together that will build special memories for them.... and for Grandma! I loved having them all together!! (Sure wish I had remembered my camera for this one! Can you imagine me without my camera?) What good looking grandkids I have! I glanced around the dinner table and was once more reminded of the contribution we are making to the future of the missionary program!! (And this was only half of the grandsons ... not to mention those 4 sweet grandaughters of mine, who very well could be counted among those who could serve as missionaries.) As parents, it may seem overwhelming but I can promise you that the rewards of having those kids come when you get to be our age! Can you tell that I enjoy being with my family??
So it has been a busy few weeks but some "great" times as well! So now back to the canning in preparation for the long, cold winter!! It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the seasons come and go!
2 comments:
Thanks for posting the picture of Grandpa & Matt, I am going to steal it.
Amanda, if you can't get a good one from my blog let me know and I will email you a copy. I thought it was a good picture of the two of them.
Post a Comment